主題: 英語慣用語系列 – 家用品相關慣用語 Household Items Idioms
1. (No) Strings Attached 無條件
- Meaning: Without additional obligations, without conditions
- Example: I’m giving you the money. Pay me back if you can, but don’t worry about it. There are no strings attached.
2. A Needle in a Haystack 大海撈針
- Meaning: Trying to find something that is mixed in with many similar items
- Example: There must be 300 bags on this carousel. We’ll be searching for a needle in a haystack.
3. In the Toilet 不好的狀況
- Meaning: In disastrous condition
- Example: Sales have been in the toilet all year. What can we do to make people want to buy our products?
4. Push the Envelope 挑戰創新/極限
- Meaning: Go beyond common ways of doing something, be innovative
- Example: Vera Wang has become well known because her clothing designs consistently push the envelope.
5. Sweep Under the Rug 眼不見為淨
- Meaning: Attempt to temporarily conceal a problem or error
- Example: You can sweep your mistake under the rug, but the audit will make clear what you did.