- to ask someone out: to invite someone on a date
- He mustered up the courage to ask her out.
- to go on a blind date: to go on a date with someone you’ve never met before
- I’ve gone on a few blind dates, but there was never any chemistry.
- a double date: a date with two couples
- We’re going on a double date with them next weekend.
- to flirt: to playfully show interest in someone
- Our double date was a disaster! My date was flirting with my friend all night!
- to break up/to split up (with someone): to end a romantic relationship
- She broke up with her boyfriend because he cheated on her.
- to fall for someone: to start to be in love with someone
- She fell for him on their first date.
- to cheat on someone: to be unfaithful (for example, by kissing someone else)
- My boyfriend cheated on me.
- to set/fix someone up: to arrange a date between two people who don’t know each other
- After she turned him down, I fixed him up with one of my friends.
What would you say in the following situation 以下狀況你會如何說？
A. Ask someone out
C. Set/fix someone up
D. Break up/to split up