Other ways to say: Tall
- Lofty 高大: This word generally refers to a great or extreme height. It can be used to describe tall buildings, trees, or mountains, and occasionally people.
Example: "His lofty stature makes him an excellent basketball player."
- Elevated提高的: Elevated is more commonly used to describe buildings or locations but can be metaphorically applied to people.
Example: "She has an elevated presence that makes her stand out in the crowd."
- Tower-like如高塔: This is used to describe someone who is very tall, like a tower.
Example: "His tower-like height was intimidating."
- Sky-scraping大樓般: This term is commonly used for very tall buildings, but it can be humorously or poetically used to describe people.
Example: "His sky-scraping height was a sight to behold."
Other ways to say: Short
- Petite嬌小: This term is often used to describe someone small in height, especially women.
Example: "Despite her petite size, she has a commanding presence."
- Small-statured身材小: This phrase is a more formal way to say someone is short.
Example: "Though he was small-statured, he carried himself with the dignity of a king."
- Compact袖珍: This term can be used to describe someone short and often implies someone sturdy or well-proportioned.
Example: "Her compact build is perfect for gymnastics."
- Low-set低設置: This term describes something that is not tall and is closer to the ground.
Example: "The low-set building was dwarfed by the skyscrapers surrounding it."
- Tell a personal experience related to something / experience that you would use “tall” and “short”
- Pick 4 words and make sentences