Sweden conducted a two-year long study on productivity and worker health. They found that working a 6-hour day can make workers happier, healthier, and more productive. However, the disadvantage of doing so is the extreme cost that came along with it.
Vocabulary and sample sentences:
Wrap up – complete / conclude a discussion or event
- The meeting was wrapped up in 30 minutes.
- Let's wrap up this conference call in the next 10minutes, ok?
Stoked – (add fuel to fire) encourage or incite (add fuel to)
- (slang) happy, proud of oneself
Stoker - the person who adds coal to the locomotive
- Donald Trump stoked controversy with his comments on the border wall.
- (slang) I am stoked about the party this weekend!
Skepticism n. – idea of doubting the truth (doubt, doubtfulness)
Skeptic n. - person who is skeptical
Skeptical adj. - having doubts, not easily convinced
- Skepticism regarding the health benefits of e-cigarettes is growing amongst the youth.
- Skeptics do not believe Donald Trump will be able to build a wall.
- In order to survive the information age, one must be skeptical of the information on the Internet.