This article discusses carnival season in Europe, which is in full swing right now. It covers a few of the most famous carnivals that are going on at present or coming.
Vocabulary and sentences:
reveler n. : a person who is having fun in a noisy way usually within a group of other people and often after a couple of drinks
- Are European carnivals full of revelers?
- Do revelers at carnivals always behave?
gloom: feeling sad and without hope or referring to darkness
- Does spring lift the gloom of winter?
- Do friends help to lift feelings of gloom?
pious: having or showing a deep respect for religion
- Do pious Christians go to church often?
- Are you a pious person John?