This article discusses how the market for wool in New Zealand has declined do to synthetic fibers. Although meat and Dairy exports have risen. One of the reasons for this change has also been the lack of unity in the industry. So producers should stand together and extol the virtues of wool over synthetic fibers.
Vocabulary and sample questions:
Dairy: milk products or a small local shop( New Zealand English)
- Are dairy products expensive in Taiwan?
- What is your favorite dairy product?
- Can you go to the dairy and buy me some gum?
Mutton : meat from a fully grown sheep (also goat in India)
- Is lamb more tender than mutton?
- Which is more expensive lamb or mutton?
Pasture: land covered with grass that is suitable for feeding animals on
- Does New Zealand have green pastures?
- Are good pastures important for good quality milk?
Question: Do you prefer to be "asset-rich" or "cash-poor"