This article discusses China’s failing coffee chain and how copying a successful business, this time Starbucks, is not always a recipe for success. Over-expansion and ignoring profit in favor of growth is a recipe for disaster.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Acclaimed: to welcome / praise somebody/something
- Is Roma an acclaimed movie?
- Did Mozart garner much acclaim?
Rival: a competitor
- Are Apple and Samsung rivals?
- Does Youtube have a viable rival yet?
Collateral: something valuable used to secure a loan
- Do banks require collateral to secure loans?
- Can a reputation serve as collateral?
Burn through: use up
- Did you burn through your allowance last weekend?
- Is it easy to burn through your holiday budget?