Lenny Maugham, a avid runner in San Francisco decided to turn his running routes into artwork. Instead of running scenic routes of San Francisco, he would plan his route like a Batman logo, shape of a heart, and starship enterprise. So far he has made a total of 53 works, making him a running artist. His Frida Kahoolawe artwork is a 46.5km run that took him 6 hours and 8 minutes to complete.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Scenic adj – dealing to view of beautiful natural scenery
- Lenny got tired of just running around the scenic spots of San Francisco.
- People go up to the Taipei 101 tower to enjoy the scenic view of the city.
Route n. – way or course taken from a starting point to a destination.
- Peter’s newspaper route included Zhongxiao E. Road and Xinyi road.
- By not taking the expressway to Yilan, we are actually taking the long route.
Track n. / v. – a path or road / follow the trail or movement of someone or something.
- Michael Schumacher raced down the track at 300km/h.
- I can use my laptop to track my phone.