In 2019, the bushfire in Australia devastated over 5 million hectares of land and killed hundreds of millions of wild animals. The disaster drove some animals almost to extinction. In Australia, bushfires would happen during the season, however, it is unprecedented the amount of bushfires that happened at the same time and over such vast geographic area. Main reason of the bushfire is the lack of moisture and the extreme temperature changes in the world
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences
Severe adj. – very great / intense
- The severe changes in climate is extending the bushfire season in Australia.
- Bushfires are severe in the drought seasons.
Unprecedented adj. – never done or known before
- Bushfires in Taiwan are unprecedented.
- The election turnout was unprecedented.
Prolong v. – extend the duration
- To prolong your battery life, do not overcharge them.
- Extreme climate change is prolonging the duration of our natural disasters.