精選詞彙播客 Vocab Ep.054: Your home away from home 出外也可以靠home爸home媽
In recent years, people are opting to travel to experience the different lifestyles around the world. One of the most authentic ways is not to stay in a hotel or guesthouse, but to homestay. When travelling to Peru, Brain and Constance decided to homestay with Marie, a 65 year old widower and his son, Jonathon. Every evening, Brain and Constance would come home and be greeted and share their experience during the day with Marie and Jonathon like a family. Homestay was originally an alternative for backpackers or exchange students, now it is what people are looking for. A intimate, locally driven, nongeneric experience. For luxury tour planners, they are now including homestays as part of the local experience. In countries like Cuba, where lodging is limited, homestay is the best option.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Host mother / host family n. – the family hosting travelers at their home
- The host mother would prepare breakfast every morning for the travelers as if they were her children.
- Living with a host family would give you an insider’s look at the local culture and lifestyle.
Intimate adj. – closely acquainted / familiar
- Peter and Amy had an intimate relationship, but no one knew for sure whether they were dating or not.
- Even if you want to be intimate with your girlfriend or boyfriend, it is better to practice social distancing during the outbreak
Itinerary n. – a planned route or journey
- My five-day itinerary includes three nights’ stay in a homestay and one night’s stay in Four Seasons.
- The travel agency will send us the itinerary next week to confirm our trip to North Korea.