Burger King’s new advertising campaign is a big, moldy burger. The mold on the burger says that the burger is 100% natural and that no artificial preservatives are added in any of its ingredients. Following through on the no artificial preservatives campaign, Burger King plans to roll out its no-artificial coloring and flavors in its sandwiches, desserts, and sides.
On the competitor’s side, Mcdonalds is rolling out new merchandise that will reinforce the brand. New food scented candles are rolled out as fan club merchandises. The candles come with scents including, 100% fresh beef, ketchup, onions, cheese, pickles, and bread. The whole goal is to appeal to the Instagram generation that will display their fandom for Mcdonalds and ultimately become its brand ambassadors online.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Artificial adj. – produced by humans rather than occurring naturally
- Jelly is made from artificial flavors and gelatin.
- In order to make the food colors brighter, food producers would add artificial colors to brighten the product.
Preservative n. – substance to preserve food, wood, or any material from decay
- Food companies add preservatives to preserve processed food for longer periods.
- Natural preservatives for food include salt, sugar, and vinegar.
Ingenious adj. – clever, original, inventive
- Burger King’s ingenious marketing campaign pushed Mcdonalds to come up with a creative marketing campaign of their own.
- Cybertruck by Tesla has an ingenious exterior design.
Merchandise n. – products to be bought or sold
- Many brands will use merchandise as giveaways during conferences or fan meets.
- Youtubers make their money from advertisers and by selling merchandise.