This article discusses how cultural changes in the US have caused that parents are more in favor of having girls because of a bias in society against males.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentence:
Preference n. > more desire / interest for one choice compared to another
- Do Asian cultures still have a preference for males?
- Do you have a preference for drip coffee?
Equity n. > situation where all are treated equally
- Is there equity in the workplace?
- Does equity guarantee success?
Bias n.> a feeling towards a choice not based on a fair judgement
- Is there a bias towards Apple in the world?
- Do you have a bias for black clothes?