During the COVID-19 outbreak, Malaysia enforced what is called “MCO” – Movement Control Order which only allows the “head” of the family to leave the house to purchase necessities. What went viral on social media was the men who were considered the head of household at the supermarket being clueless in their mission to shop for groceries, and also supermarkets creating guides to help these men to buy the right groceries.
Next article is about the endangered elephants in Malaysia being killed, not by poachers for their tusks, but poisoned so that they would not destroy the palm plantation.
Clueless adj. – having no knowledge, understanding or ability.
- The clueless men shopped for hours in the supermarket, trying to find the groceries they need at home.
- One should always write down a shopping list before visiting the supermarket cluelessly(adv.).
Necessities n. – something that is indispensable (can’t do without)
- Grocery shopping is all about shopping for your daily necessities.
- Your daily necessities include tooth brush, detergents, food and drinks.
Plantation n. – area where trees are planted /crops cultivated by resident labor
- My mother grew up near rice paddies and bamboo plantations.
- Plantations of any sort would require a large piece of flat land.