This article discusses how 2 Korean Airlines posted profit when all other airlines globally lost heavily. They did this by using their jets as cargo planes. A person put money in a washing machine to clean it and lost a lot. They were destroyed. She received $23 000 from the bank. That was less than half of the total!
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Commendable adj.: deserving praise
- Were his heroic actions commendable?
- Is supporting charities commendable?
Skeptical adj.: doubting that something is true or will happen
- Are you skeptical about self-driving cars?
- Is being skeptical a good trait in politics?
Mutilate v.: to damage something/somebody very badly
- Was he mutilated in the accident?
- Did the shredder mutilate the document?