As companies have stressed the importance of work-life balance and mental health,wellness initiatives are ramping up everywhere. These optional company activities,often scheduled during company hours, include basic meditation and yoga, aswell as vision-boarding, energy consulting, sound baths and hypnotherapy. Multinational corporations, restaurant owners and federal government agencies are among the employers calling for more wellness in the workplace.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Optional adj. – available to be chosen, but notobligatory
- In my first year of University, I had to select two majors and four optional courses.
- When you buy a car, the GPS navigation system is often an optional purchase.
Stress n. –physical pressure / mental pressure
- Many startups are promoting mental wellness to reduce stress.
- Sales people usually feel the stress at month end meetings.
Holistic adj. – comprehensive look at a whole
- People need to look at mental illness in a holistic view.
- When treating mental or physical illness, it is important for doctors to take a holistic approach.