主題: 日常智慧諺語 Common proverbs in daily life
1. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. 手裡的一隻鳥在灌木叢中勝過兩隻
Things we already have are more valuable than what we hope to get.
2. Beggars can’t be choosers. 乞丐不能成為選擇者。
People who depend on the generosity of others can’t pick & choose things as per their liking. They’ve to accept what is given to them.
3. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 沒壞就別修。
If something is working fine, don’t change it unnecessarily.
4. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you. 不要咬餵你的手。
Don’t act badly toward the person who has helped you or from whom you derive some benefits, for you may lose those benefits in future.
5. Give them an inch and they’ll take a mile. 給他們一英寸，他們會要一英里。
If you give someone a small amount of power or freedom to do something, they may try to get a lot more.
6. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 希望最好的，為最壞的情況做好準備。
Be optimistic, but be prepared for a scenario where things can go wrong.