With the rising trends of e-sports, more and more gamers are looking for ways to improve their game. On top of their regular training on games and strategies, now the players have to train physically too. For the team, it is also important to set themselves up to meet the needs of the sponsors and investors.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Compete v. competition n. - to win by defeating the others who are doing the same
- Origen is a League of Legends team that competes in the European League.
- Origen is in competition for sponsorships with other e-sport teams.
Sweating v. - to exude sweat
- Five young men had to sweat through an hourlong workout at the gym.
Endorsement n. - act of giving one's public approval of something
- Top e-sport professionals nowadays earn 6-figure salaries and big endorsement deals from brands.
Prize money n. - money that is used as a prize for the winner
- E-sport professional participates in competitions to try and win prize money.