Survey from JobKorea shows that 10.95 of people want to work in Samsung Electronics in Korea. They have remained the number 1 employer of choice from 2004 to 2016. Apart from salary, the survey participants also care about work environment, benefits and the image of the boss of the company.
Hashtag nomarriage movement has build up a 4000 member base in Korea where women wish to live for themselves and not get married. Korean wives are often expected to work, raise children, care for in-laws without community or state help. In 2018, only 22.4% of women think marriage is necessary.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Survey n. v. – questionnaire/study ; v. to look at or observe
- More than 2000 people were surveyed in the customer satisfaction questionnaire.
- The customer satisfaction survey included 20 different questions for respondents to fill in.
Respondent n. – person who replies to something
- I got the survey results from 6000 respondents.
- We received email addresses from respondents who responded to the ad we placed in the newspaper.
Employer / Employee n. – person who is employing others (boss) and person who is being employed (worker)
- The image of the employer is important to Korean job seekers.
- Employees who do not work, do not get paid.