Over the past few months, South Korea has scrambled to put together a new system that has proven to be extremely effective with COVID-19 testing of citizens. It is 20 minutes faster than getting the test done at hospitals or public health centers. Other countries have followed the same method to achieve better testing results.
Korean fashion designers want to embrace all generations in their fashion lineups and now senior fashion models are becoming popular.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Checkup n. – a medical examination
- Every year I would go to NTU hospital for a checkup.
- I told my boss that I would be getting a health checkup next Friday.
Drive-thru adj. n.- a facility that people can be served by just driving their cars through
- When I was a young boy, I love going with my dad to drive-thru car wash to get the car washed.
- When you are driving around with children, Mcdonalds drive-thru is the best place to get the children fed without having to get off the car.
Runway n. – ground for aircraft to take off or land / a aisle or stage for fashion. Shows
- At Songshan airport, there are many cafes around where you can watch the airplanes take off or land on the runway.
- Fashion models have to train hours on the runway before they can audition for a fashion show.