Jamie Chua is a Singapore socialite who is also a social media influencer. She is famous for sharing her lavish lifestyle on social media and owning more than 200 Hermes bags. How did she become a socialite? While Jamie was a flight attendant, she met an Indonesian tycoon, then fell in love and got married. The 15-year marriage ended in divorce when Jamie was 36 years old. Ever since her divorce, Jamie has built her reputation as a socialite. During her divorce, she was known for asking NT6.24 monthly alimony payment, but nobody knew how much she did eventually get.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Socialite n. a person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activities and entertainment
- Paris Hilton was the most famous socialite in the 90s
- Kim Kardashian built her socialite status into a fashion empire
Lavish adj. rich, elaborate, luxurious
- Jamie took her alimony and gave herself a lavish lifestyle
- A lavish lifestyle is also a lifestyle that requires high maintenance
Alimony n. court-ordered provision for the support of spouse after divorce
- Jamie demanded NTD6.24m monthly alimony in her divorce lawsuit
- If you fall behind on making alimony payments, you can go back to court to renegotiate a payment plan.