According to the National Academy of Sciences, money can buy you some happiness. Their findings suggest that spending money to save time may reduce stress about the limited time in the day, thereby improving happiness. The study found that people who outsource or pay to get their disliked tasks done has better overall life satisfaction.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Outsource v. obtain goods/services from an outside supplier
- I often outsource my dog-walking chores to my neighbours.
- Instead of hiring a driver to deliver goods, the company outsourced delivery to a logistics company.
Errand n. short journey to collect or deliver something
- Every Sunday my mom asks me to run errands for her
- Now, we can shop online for groceries instead of going on shopping errands
Stress n. mental or emotional strain from demanding circumstances
- Studies show that if you outsource disliked chores, you can reduce time-related stress
- Long term stress is bad for your health