In this dual article episode, we find that Microsoft has opened a permanent work from home policy for employees in response to the struggles of getting to office amidst the pandemic. Once the pandemic subsides, Microsoft employees can choose to work from home permanently with their manager’s approval. Next piece of news is about the Korean government moved kindergarten and elementary school students back online in response of the surge in the number of COVID19 infections.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Provisions n. action of supplying or providing something / financial or other arrangements
- In response to COVID19, Microsoft expanded their work-from-home provisions.
- Financial provisions have to be made to avoid the impact from a market crash.
Drag on ph. V – process or situation that continue at unnecessary length
- If the COVID19 situation drags on, the market may react badly.
- You should not let your health condition drag on.
Surge n. - powerful upward or forward movement
- The number of Porsches surged in the streets of Taipei.
- Share prices of Tesla surged after the positive outlook on their production schedule.