KFC changed their classic “ Finger Lickin Good” slogan that was considered to be inappropriate during the pandemic in 2020. Instead of It’s Finger Lickin Good, now the words “Finger” and “Lickin" are pixelated. KFC senior executive said they will revert to the original slogan when it is appropriate again. In 2021, Macdonald’s plan to launch their Macplant platform and debut their plant-based patty co-created by Beyond Meat.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Pixelate v. – divide an image into pixels / display an image as a small number of pixels to disguise someone’s identity.
- KFC pixelated a few words in their slogan to avoid public confusion.
- Faces of the witness were pixelated in the video.
Health hazard n. - health risk
- It is considered a health hazard for people to eat without washing their hands.
- Expired food cooked and sold to the public is a health hazard.
Mainstream n. ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as conventional or dominant in society.
- Plant-based products are close to becoming mainstream products.
- Before Facebook, Myspace was the mainstream social media platform.