Japanese billionaire, Yusaku Maezawa bought the first tickets to travel on Elon Musk’s SpaceX flight around the moon. He did not only buy tickets for himself but also for a group of artists and one female partner. So, what’s the catch? On this trip, Yusaku is also making a matchmaking documentary called full moon lovers that will cover how he went on this special trip with his “special someone”. Not surprisingly, over 20,000 people entered their details and took the compatibility test on the contest website.
Next article is about the lack of snow in Sapporo during December and January that got the organizers of the Sapporo Snow Festival scrambling to get snow for the ice sculpture displays. How serious was the lack of snowfall? In December, Sapporo only had 41% of average monthly snowfall.
Vocabulary and Sample Sentences:
Documentary n. - a film or television or radio programme that provides a factual report on a particular subject
- Supersize me was a documentary about the impact of fast food in our lives.
- Discovery Channel offers many documentary and programs about the earth, space, and wildlife.
Multiple-choice questions – a question in tests that offer multiple choice answers, often with only one correct answer
- If you want to enter into the Full Moon Lovers documentary contest, you would have to answer a few multiple-choice questions.
- I skipped all the multiple-choice questions in my History test because I didn’t understand the questions.
Fret v. – be constantly anxious or visibly anxious
- Our presentation equipment broke down and my boss began fretting over the meeting.
- People tend to fret about the things they cannot control.